Hyundai Capital Services UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK (SCUK) and Hyundai Capital Services Korea (HCS) in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance and Kia Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting into the Digital Marketing Manager, the key purpose of the role is to support delivery of the organisation’s customer focused omni-channel strategy. This will include optimising the customer experience across all digital channels, from discovery through to purchase and beyond.
Work collaboratively with stakeholders across HCUK, the OEMs, retail partners, and agencies, primarily supporting the implementation of HCUK’s channel development strategy. This role will support HCUK in identifying and developing tools which optimise the customer journey and drive incremental leads and sales to our retailer partners. In addition, assume responsibility for leading and managing a number of other internal and external key digital and marketing projects as directed by line management.
2. Strategic support
Implement key projects, and also provide input which shapes the future development of HCUK’s customer journey and wider strategic objectives.
3. Finance calculators
Take responsibility for day-to-day management of HCUK finance calculator integrations, including liaising with HCUK’s QA & Test Analyst to ensure all calculators are functioning accurately and provide good customer outcomes for HCUK.
4. Apply online
Develop, implement, and evolve HCUK Apply Online interface. Work closely with OEMs and agency partner to identify opportunities where this functionality can support both customers and dealers in the customer journey/ sales process. Monitor usage and conversion rates, using data to identify improvements to usability and functionality.
5. Brand websites
Take responsibility for day-to-day management of the organisation’s brand websites; kiafinance.co.uk, hyundaifinance.co.uk and hyundaicapital.co.uk, ensuring all content is up to date, on brand, relevant, compliant, and where appropriate aligns with finance related content within OEM websites.
7. Quality assurance / User acceptance testing
Work closely with HCUK’s Test & QA Analyst to ensure there is a fully documented testing & QA process and the relevant internal approvals are obtained ahead of releasing changes to HCUK digital assets. In addition, the role will support the Test & QA Analyst with quarterly QA and change request processes.
8. Stakeholder engagement
Establish and sustain positive working relationships with appropriate internal business functions at HCUK and SCUK, OEM partners as required (Hyundai Motor UK, Kia Motors UK & Genesis Motors UK) and with external agency partners.
9. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify risks, incidents, and breaches, in accordance with company policies and department procedures. Ensure all activity, including personal data usage, advertising and communication content, and sales processes are compliant from a legal, regulatory, and business perspective.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested and as agreed with Digital Marketing Manager.
Must be capable of developing and implementing coherent project, programme, and activity level action plans.
Must demonstrate a good understanding of the latest and future digital trends/ analysis, legislative requirements and consumer buying behaviours that affect the automotive/ consumer finance sectors and be able to translate these into actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, and business partners.
- Time Management
Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Given the scope of this position it is preferred that the job holder has the following experience:
- Can demonstrate relevant experience and understanding of working in a similar digital role
- A self-starter with good knowledge and understanding of all aspects of digital and how this impacts the customer’s path to purchase
- Demonstrable project management experience with the ability to work across multi-functional teams
- Experience of managing websites and has a working knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, Umbraco and using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Has a good technical understanding of APIs as well as front and back-end development practices
- Is a good problem solver who can think analytically
- Would benefit from either having worked in an agency environment or worked closely with external digital agencies
- Can produce sound working documentation and presentations
- Experience of working within the Automotive or Financial Services sectors would be an advantage, although not a necessity
- Has an appreciation of legal, regulatory and compliance issues relating to the use of customer data and is familiar with the FCA’s principles encapsulated within ‘treating customer fairly’ code of conduct.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display excellent interpersonal skills, is comfortable and confident when dealing with senior management, and is able to work effectively in pressurised situations when they arise.
- Has the appropriate level of tertiary education or professional marketing related qualifications.
- Please note this a fixed term contract role, circa 9 months.
- Due to COVID-19, HCUK employees are currently working remotely. The usual place of work for this position is at HCUK’s head office in Reigate, Surrey.
- Base salary range of £33,000 - £37,000 per annum
- Eligibility for quarterly bonus, based on company and individual performance
- Competitive company pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave, exclusive of bank/ public holidays (prorated for the duration of the FTC)