- Type: Full Time
- Location: Reigate, Surrey
- Posted: one month ago
Hyundai Capital Services UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance, Kia Finance and Genesis Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both dealers and consumers.
The key purpose of the role is to support HCUK in the implementation, management, control and development of the organisation’s Enterprise Risk control oversight and testing processes. The role reports to the Head of Enterprise Risk and is based at the HCUK head office in Reigate, Surrey.
1. General strategic
Support the Head of Enterprise Risk with the management, control, and development of HCUK’s Enterprise control oversight and testing processes with specific focus on:
Maintain an up-to-date awareness of all relevant risk, compliance, QA and regulatory requirements and industry best practice. Work with the business and related partners to continually refine HCUK policies and processes. Provide control and QA subject matter support within the organisation.
3. Communication and Reporting
Establish and maintain effective communications with all related regulatory and compliance bodies, Santander Consumer and Hyundai Capital Services head office departments, our OEM partners and other key stakeholders.
Working under the guidance of line management, manage and develop high quality MI reporting suites and dashboards.
4. Outsourced Oversight
Support the effective identification and testing of controls of any outsourced or other SCUK department related activities.
5. Insight and continuous improvement
Under the guidance of line management deliver and support an ongoing review process in order to continually improve and refine the department control and QA measures and performance and to ensure continued adherence to legislation, regulation and internal policy.
6. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify risks, incidents and breaches, in accordance with company policies and department procedures.
7. Operational and Conduct Risk
To support HCUK in the effective identification of controls linked to operational and conduct risks including associated project work, to implement any changed requirements of the FCA and/or HCUK.
Deputise for the Head of Enterprise Risk as required. Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Must be capable of developing coherent operational plans as well as detailed project level plans and strong personal organisation skills.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate, influence and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels. Is able to produce sound working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Analytical skills
Must be able to analyse processes, procedures and data and make recommendations for control enhancements.
- Time Management
Must display sound independent time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple operations, projects and on-going programmes.
Given the scope of this position within an FCA regulated environment, it is preferable but not essential that the job holder has the following experience or knowledge of:
- Enterprise-wide risk, QA and/or control management experience within a regulated financial services environment, preferably automotive related, together with the required soft skills.
- The broader areas of financial services operations including:
- Service processes and procedures
- Financial controls and underwriting
- Sales processes and channels
- Risk management. Has a sound understanding of relevant enterprise risk framework controls and processes, measures, related MI/reporting and associated technical knowledge.
- Policies and procedures within financial services regulated and compliant environments, together with the application of governance principles and structures.
- Legal, regulatory and compliance issues relating to the provision of consumer and corporate credit products. Is familiar with the principles encapsulated within ‘treating customers fairly’/conduct risk requirements and its relation to enterprise risk.
- Risk mitigation techniques and practices.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate can display a good understanding of the general market sector, can exhibit sound business acumen, have excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with internal and external senior management.
- Has the appropriate level of education and preferably qualified or part-qualified or studying towards a recognised risk management or controls qualification
- The position may require domestic travel from time to time
- HCUK employees are currently hybrid working [mixture of home / office]. The role will be based at HCUK’s head office in Reigate, Surrey
- Competitive basic salary in line with experience
- Eligible for annual bonus, up to 15%
- 27 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, and option to take part in flexible holiday scheme
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from HCUK, depending on your own contribution
- Eligible for a voluntary benefits allowance of £500 per annum payable as cash or otherwise used as a benefit available on the benefit suite
- Benefits supporting you and the family, such as death in service benefit, income protection
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for family, dental insurance, health care cash plan and health assessments
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working opportunities
- Employee car scheme available for friends and family