Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance, Kia Finance and Genesis Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting into the Managing Director, and working in conjunction with the Chief Finance Officer, the purpose of this key senior management position is to lead the organisation’s Finance function, managing the provision of technical support, advice and information and continuously improving appropriate frameworks, practices and policies.
1. General Strategic
Lead a functional area, including applying regulatory, legal, and professional
standards relating to finance function.
Leads Board committees and forums such as EFC, ALCO, etc., developing and communicating with stakeholders to implement the strategic objectives.
2. Senior Manager Function
Under the FCA’s Senior Manager and Certification Regime (SMCR), the Senior Manager Function (SMF) allocated to this role is SMF2.
· As a Senior Manager of HCUK and holder of Function SMF2, the role holder is expected to; demonstrate the highest level of integrity; lead by example to influence the corporate culture and strive to ensure impeccable standards of conduct across the organisation; comply with the Statements of Principle, Codes of Conduct and Codes of Practice issued by the FCA and contained within the regulator’s versions of APER. In addition, ensure all UK legislation and regulatory requirements are respected and complied with at all times and ensure an open and transparent relationship with all regulatory bodies as amended from time to time.
· Adhere to both the Individual Conduct Rules and the Senior Manager Conduct Rules as they apply to the role as amended from time to time.
· Adhere to all the SMCR regulatory requirements as amended from time to time.
· The statement of responsibilities is set out in Appendix 1 to this job description.
3. Policy development/Planning
Lead the development of Finance policies and procedures, department plans, ensuring alignment with overall finance strategy.
Investigate and implement new approaches and techniques to report and reflect the direction of the company.
Develop and implement medium-term plans for functional area including resource requirements, prioritisation and coordination of teams to deliver strategy.
Implement robust financial systems and develop policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
Lead the budgeting, forecasting, planning processes and control all financial and accountancy matters including month end reports, management accounts, cash flow management, and statutory accounts, etc.
Coordinate corporate finance, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions, etc.
Responsible for ensuring all legal and regulatory documentation is filed, and all statutory, internal and external reporting deadlines are met whilst maintaining integrity of information.
Direct, monitor and review the technical activities of functional area, including
understanding policy requirements, assessment of implications and guidance to
staff and executive management on their application.
Provide technical advice to team and business managers.
5. Business Partnership
Develop and maintain business unit relationships with executive managers and
directors in order to discuss and resolve major issues.
Provide financial and other technical advice to support business unit decision making.
6. Continuous Improvement
Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the function and seek to improve.
Investigate, research and implement and recommend new approaches and
techniques and keep abreast of changing environment, ensuring industry best
practice is applied.
Create and evaluate new alternatives in order to drive effectiveness and productivity of the function.
Prepare and present reports to the Board, MD and senior management, conveying key issues appropriately.
8. External Relationships
Contribute to industry forums and liaison with external bodies
Co-ordination and management of advice from external advisors.
Development and maintenance of other external relationships to maintain external perspective.
Lead the Financial Auditing process.
9. People management and development
Ensure direct reports are managed in an effective manner by setting clear, appropriate objectives and then ensure those objectives are met by establishing an on-going review and appraisal process that identifies guidance, coaching and training needs as appropriate.
10. Risk and Compliance
As a member of the company’s senior management team, take an active role in the organisation’s governance through participation in executive committees as directed under the company’s management and governance structure, and through adhering to the company’s conduct and operational risk principles.
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, is responsible for the control of risk and compliance in line with the risk charter, appetite and related limits triggers and thresholds, the risk framework, role profile responsibilities and adherence to the compliance manual.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Must be capable of developing coherent high-level (strategic) plans as well as detailed project/programme level plans.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders up to Board of Directors level.
Is able to effectively manage a multi-functional team stretching across various business functions and also out-sourced service suppliers.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Time Management
Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Given the scope of this position within an FCA regulated environment, the SMF status, combined with the related responsibilities, it is essential that the job holder has and is able to display experience and knowhow as detailed below:
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with Executives and Senior Managers, within and outside Finance through personal credibility and delivery of results
- Sound financial services/broad business knowledge
- Ability to interpret and evaluate information and make authoritative recommendations
- High level of professional knowledge required and broad knowledge of technical field/business
- Involvement in the development policies, procedures and standards of the department and the business over a long horizon. Able to develop own functional plans
- Ability to have a significant input into discussions at a senior management level and cross-functionally and therefore a wide variety of experience is essential
- Manages multiple, conflicting interests and deadlines
- Represents department/deputises in Executive level meetings regularly. Prepares complex reports.
- Ability to think conceptually, creatively and without precedents in order to continually develop functional area
- Ability to coach, mentor and manage other senior professionals and manage the knowledge base of the functional area
- Considerable experience of people management, including performance management and application of HR policy.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the general market sector, can exhibit sound business acumen, has excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with Board-level management.
- Due to the numerate nature of the role an accountancy qualification is essential – ACCA, CIMA
- Appropriate level of education or professional management or industry related qualification.
- This is a fixed term contract role, circa 24 months
- Due to COVID-19, HCUK employees are currently hybrid working [mixture of home/ office]. The usual place of work for this position is at HCUK’s head office in Reigate, Surrey
- Post COVID-19, some international as well as domestic travel may be necessary from time to time
- The jobholder should ideally possess a full driving licence.
- Competitive base salary, plus annual performance-based bonus
- Company car
- Company funded private medical insurance
- Competitive company pension scheme
- 30 days holiday, exclusive of bank/ public holidays.