Hyundai Capital Services UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance, Kia Finance and Genesis Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
This role primarily involves establishing the Treasury related framework that manages risks exposed in Treasury, setting Treasury strategy that supports through economic cycles, and managing core treasury activities including treasury planning, debt issuance and management of liquidity.
1. General strategic
Under the guidance of the Finance Director and Chief Finance Officer, lead on planning & developing HCUK’s treasury related strategy with specific focus on:
Defining, coordinating & implementing the strategy regarding all treasury activities, responsibility for HCUK’s capital structure
Liquidity and financial risk management
Treasury controls on company policies and regulatory requirement (ex. Leverage guidance)
2. Treasury deals and operations
Management of all aspects of treasury related matters which includes:
Ensuring adequate liquidity at all times
Debt capital markets and funding (inc. Securitisation issuance)
Treasury-related risk management
3. Treasury planning and budgeting
Provide adequate planning and forecasting which includes:
Managing an annual treasury plan outlining timings and high-level funding plan deliverables based on the strategic goals with senior management and delivering the plan in line with the prescribed timings
Developing treasury related forecast and analysing the impact of financial markets on the performance of the company
4. Review and Validation
To be responsible for the reviews and validation with specific focus on:
Managing funding structure & mix
Review of actual Treasury performance versus budget
Monitoring liquidity risks
Managing hedge positions
Validating monthly treasury closing relating to Cost of Funds
To take responsibility on all aspects of management treasury reporting:
Capital ratio / Debt leverage
Early Warning Indicators / Stress Testing / Contingency Plan
Other ad-hoc reports requested from the company or shareholders
Leading and providing support to the Finance Director, Chief Finance Officer and other senior management to manage treasury matters properly through ALCO.
7. People Development
Accountable for setting high level objectives for direct reports and effectively managing performance
Ensure direct reports are adequately trained and supported to carry out their roles effectively
Encourage learning and development and create opportunities for personal/ professional development
8. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify and assess risks, incidents and breaches. Identify opportunities and provide suggestions within area of influence and promote awareness across your team. Ensure related actions are progressed within agreed timescales.
Under the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR), the Head of Treasury role is allocated as a Certified Person.
Carrying out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested
- Analytical Thinking
Must be capable of approaching a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail.
- Planning & Organising
Must be capable of developing coherent high-level (strategic) plans and detailed project/ programme level plans, as well as following procedures and keeping clear, detailed records. Well organised, goal orientated, able to meet deadlines and able to prioritise and delegate work.
Displays an appropriate level of self-confidence, being able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Must be an excellent team player, able to maintain a commercial view-point and establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Proactive nature
Should be focused on gathering a variety of information in order to identify and organise data for analysis, challenge and decision-making as necessary.
Must be able to deliver clear written and verbal communication across all levels of the business, including to senior management.
Given the scope of this position within an FCA regulated environment, the Certified Person’s status, combined with the related responsibilities, it is essential that the job holder has the following experience:
- Sound and relevant experience within financial services, with managerial experience
- Experience in leading Treasury team including securitisation issuances, bond issuances, ALM, treasury planning, contingency funding planning, cost of fund
- Strong knowledge and professional experiences in debt capital market and relevant regulations
- Experiences in automotive finance industry preferred
- Experience in building, developing and maintaining effective internal and external partnerships and stakeholder
- Ability to build financial models and knowledge related to Treasury
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
- Understanding the customer landscape and promotes treating customers fairly principles
- Promotes and embeds a risk awareness culture within area of responsibility
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which HCUK operates
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Takes a long-term view by showing outstanding skills for identifying future opportunities and scenarios
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel, and is able to produce high quality, accurate working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations
- Excellent analytical skills and must be able to demonstrate strong numerical ability
- Independent; ability to operate effectively with minimal guidance
- Ability to work under pressure often dealing with several issues simultaneously
- Ability to grasp complex ideas quickly and effectively
- Has the appropriate level of education or Treasury/Accountancy related qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA, CFA)
- Has the relevant BA degree (relevant majors: Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, and etc.)
- Due to COVID-19, HCUK employees are currently hybrid working [mixture of home/ office]. The usual place of work for this position is at HCUK’s head office in Reigate, Surrey.
- Post COVID-19, some international as well as domestic travel may be necessary from time to time.
- Base salary circa £65,000 per annum
- Eligibility for quarterly bonus, based on company and individual performance
- Competitive company pension scheme
- 30 days holiday, exclusive of bank/ public holidays
- Private medical insurance