- Type: Full Time
- Location: Reigate, Surrey
- Posted: 4 months ago
Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance, Kia Finance and Genesis Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting to the Modelling and Data Science Manager, the key purpose of the role is to analyse, develop, monitor and report on macroeconomic and other statistical models and other datasets while supporting our commercial growth.
1. General strategic
Analyse, develop, monitor and report on HCUK’s risk profile:
2. Technical knowledge
3. Communication and Reporting
4. Stakeholder engagement
Develop close, effective working relationships with our outsourced service providers to enhance risk analysis and operational implementations
5. Outsourced Oversight
Ensure timely and correct operational implementation of risk decisions by our service providers.
6. Insight and continuous improvement
Adhere and develop controls and Quality Assurance checks to demonstrate compliance with policies.
7. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify risks, incidents and breaches, in accordance with company policies and department procedures.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Must be capable of developing coherent role related operational plans as well as detailed project level plans.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Time Management
Must display sound independent time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple operations, projects and on-going programmes.
Given the scope of this position it is essential that the job holder has the following experience:
- Experience working in a modeller / data scientist role
- Strong and relevant exposure to build, implement and test statistical models and / or macroeconomic models.
- Database management and SQL coding experience
- Accreditation and / or relevant experience in terms of using Matlab/JMP/SAS/SPSS or R/Python with relevant packages or similar software, standard PC software skills to produce high quality, accurate working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate can exhibit sound business acumen, has excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with Senior/Board-level management.
- Has the appropriate level of education and a degree in Economics / Statistics / Mathematics / Data Analytics / Sociology
- HCUK employees are currently hybrid working [mixture of home/ office]. HCUK’s head office is in Reigate, Surrey. Two office days a month is compulsory.
- Some international, as well as domestic travel, may be necessary from time to time.
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Eligible for annual bonus, up to 15%.
- 27 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, and option to take part in flexible holiday scheme
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from HCUK, depending on your own contribution and based on your service
- Eligible for a voluntary benefits allowance of £500 per annum payable as cash or otherwise used as a benefit available on the benefit suite
- Benefits supporting you and the family, such as death in service benefit, income protection
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for family, dental insurance, health care cash plan and health assessments
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working opportunities