- Type: Full Time
- Location: Reigate, Surrey
- Posted: one month ago
Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance, Kia Finance and Genesis Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting into the Pricing Manager, the key purpose of the role is to implement the pricing policies, maintain and update models and to be accountable for the contract hire pricing process. This role will support both the development and execution of the business pricing policy, with analysis and review of profitability and reporting. In addition, the individual will undertake regular and ad-hoc analyses, build, and improve reports, and manipulate large volumes of data; provide input or feedback on the contract hire portfolio to internal stakeholders; and provide ad-hoc support for the wider business.
1. Price Modelling
Manage and maintain pricing models, and ensure they are dynamic and that key assumptions are validated and kept up to date. Assist the Pricing Manager in building pricing proposals.
2. Price Analysis
Support the Pricing Manager in producing timely and accurate provisions of pricing information, to ensure profitable products and tactical initiatives are created and maintained.
Understand how data inputs influence pricing and undertake analyses to monitor key aspects of a products performance, flagging any issues to the Pricing Manager before they can impact future losses.
3. Business Advice
Understand and be able to explain how external influences (the economy, the automotive finance industry, etc.) may impact upon pricing.
Understand and explain pricing methodologies for different products (loan / lease / wholesale), having an awareness of different tax considerations which may apply and the impact that changes to methodology may have on business profitability.
Working under the guidance of line management, maintain and improve high quality MI reporting suites for all pricing.
Identify and explain key movements in the monthly reporting to line management to demonstrate both accuracy and understanding of the financial data being reported.
5. Stakeholder engagement
Establish and maintain effective communications with manufacturer partners, outsourced operational teams, data providers, and other key stakeholders.
Establish a sound working relationship with all areas of the business, in particular the Finance Risk, and Sales Team. Additionally, JV partners, data providers and outsourced operational teams.
6. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify risks, incidents, and breaches, in accordance with company policies and department procedures.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Capable of approaching a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail. Ability to grasp complex ideas quickly and effectively.
Able to find solutions for issues using the various resources and methods available and take pride in their achievements.
Able to recognise patterns and identify linkages between different concepts and data sets to provide deeper insight into factors influencing pricing.
Attention to Detail
Able to work under pressure, be thorough and work to the highest standards.
Possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
Be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
Display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes.
- Must be able to analyse and manipulate large volumes of data.
- Excellent MS Office skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel essential, with the ability to work with advanced formulae and VBA, applying various data interrogation techniques to large data sets.
- Strong all-round PC software skills (knowledge of SAS beneficial but not essential) and can produce high quality, accurate working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations.
- Experience in MI / reporting and the related technical knowledge.
- Sound and relevant risk and pricing analysis experience within financial services, preferably automotive / asset related, together with the required soft skills.
- Well versed in the broader areas of financial services operations; products and services, the automotive market – especially Residual Value data management, and related data and reporting.
- Has a general sound knowledge of policies and procedures within financial services regulated and compliant environments.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise deliverables and effectively manage workload.
- Relevant degree (Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics) or demonstrable equivalent finance experience
- Part qualified or studying towards a professional accountancy related qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA) or a qualification in AAT is desirable but not essential
- HCUK employees are currently hybrid working [mixture of home/ two days per week at the office]. HCUK’s head office is in Reigate, Surrey.
- Competitive salary, depending upon experience
- Eligible for annual bonus, up to 15%.
- 27 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, and option to take part in flexible holiday scheme
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from HCUK, depending on your own contribution and based on your service
- Eligible for a voluntary benefits allowance of £500 per annum payable as cash or otherwise used as a benefit available on the benefit suite
- Benefits supporting you and the family, such as death in service benefit, income protection
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for family, dental insurance, health care cash plan and health assessments
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working opportunities