Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance and Kia Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the key purpose of the role is to support and develop the contract hire pricing policy and models, and to maintain and support the contract hire residual value setting process. This role will also support both the development and execution of the business pricing policy, with analysis and review of profitability and reporting. In addition, provide regular and ad-hoc analysis, build and improve reports, and manipulate large volumes of data; provide input or feedback on the contract hire portfolio to the management accountant; and ad-hoc support for the financial controller team.
1. General strategic
Manage and maintain pricing models, and ensure they are dynamic and that key assumptions are validated and kept up to date. Assist line management in building pricing proposals and residual value reviews. Assist and report Management accounts.
2. Technical knowledge
Develop an extensive understanding of the leasing market, the economy, and the automotive finance industry. Utilise Microsoft Excel extensively for reporting and analysis. Understand how residual values are calculated, and the elements of a pricing model. Understand and analyse financial statement. Knowledge of VAT is beneficial.
3. Stakeholder engagement
Establish a sound working relationship with all areas of the business, in particular the Finance team, Risk, and Sales. Additionally, JV partners, data providers, and outsourced operational teams.
4. Price Analysis
Support the Pricing Manager in producing timely and accurate provisions of pricing information to ensure profitable products and tactical initiatives are created and maintained, and update pricing model to support pricing analysis.
5. Communication and Reporting
Establish and maintain effective communications with manufacturer partners, outsourced operational teams, data providers, and other key stakeholders.
Working under the guidance of line management, maintain and improve high quality MI reporting suites for all pricing, residual value setting relating to contract hire and management accounts.
6. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify risks, incidents and breaches, in accordance with company policies and department procedures.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Must be capable of developing coherent high-level (strategic) plans as well as detailed learning and development plans.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Time Management
Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes.
- Attention to Detail
Must be thorough and work to the highest standards.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Ability to work under pressure often dealing with several issues simultaneously
- Ability to grasp complex ideas quickly and effectively
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel. Ability to work with advanced formulae and VBA, applying various data interrogation techniques to large data sets
- Strong all-round PC software skills and is able to produce high quality, accurate working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations
- Must be able to analyse and manipulate large volumes of data
- Experience in MI/reporting and the related technical knowledge
- Must understand the automotive industry, and how forecasts for residual values are calculated
- Sound and relevant risk and pricing analysis experience within financial services, preferably automotive/asset related, together with the required soft skills
- Well versed in the broader areas of financial services operations; products and services, the automotive market – especially RV data management, and related data and reporting
- Has a general sound knowledge of policies and procedures within financial services regulated and compliant environments
- Has the relevant BA degree (relevant majors: Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, and etc.)
- Part qualified or studying towards a professional accountancy related qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA)
- A qualification in AAT is desirable but not essential
- The position may require international as well as domestic travel from time to time
- The job holder would benefit from possessing a full driving licence
- Base salary circa £35,000, plus a quarterly performance-based bonus
- Eligibility for employee car scheme
- Company pension scheme