Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance and Kia Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting into the Product Manager, this role is responsible for managing the delivery of the HCUK Contract Hire product for both the Kia and Hyundai networks, acting as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. The objective of the role is to develop OEM sales through our contract hire offering, ensuring that Hyundai and Kia Finance grow their positions as the number one contract hire provider in the OEM networks. The role will also provide support to the sales function across a range of areas as required including sales process and compliance.
1. General strategic
Lead HCUK’s Contract Hire product strategy under guidance of the HCUK Product Manager, co-ordinating internal and external stakeholders, maximising new business opportunities, improving service delivery, and enhancing the product proposition.
2. OEM alignment
Work collaboratively with OEM fleet departments and the HCUK sales and marketing teams to develop the Contract Hire relationship and provide strong governance.
3. Project Management
Support the HCUK Product Manager with the development and delivery of the HCUK Contract Hire development plan collectively with the OEMs, SCUK and Zenith, ensuring effective prioritisation in line with specified deadlines and reporting to HCUK SMT on a regular basis.
4. Product Development
Seek new opportunities to develop the existing proposition to maximise sales opportunities and the customer experience for HCUK. Including developing the business user proposition, approach to the broker channel and entering new markets.
5. Price competitiveness
Co-ordinate with Finance and Risk to ensure that the Contract Hire proposition is competitive and regularly benchmarked.
Work with SCUK, Zenith and Operations to ensure that the Contract Hire dealer experience is optimised and service levels are managed to achieve a high level of dealer and customer satisfaction.
Develop a communications plan to ensure that the Contract Hire product is professionally marketed in both OEM networks, leveraging the brand strength.
Work across departments to enhance the retention rate and implement a strategy that uniquely suits contract hire business, maximising profitability across the lifetime of the customer relationship.
9. Management information
Work with HCUK’s Management Information team to automate a robust set of reports that best service various HCUK functions, dealer partners and the OEMs.
Act as a team player and provide additional support to the commercial team as required to respond to the ever-changing marketplace. Including, but not limited to compliance, reporting, campaigns, system development and dealer oversight.
11. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify risks, incidents and breaches, in accordance with company policies and department procedures.
Must be capable of developing coherent high-level (strategic) plans as well as detailed learning and development plans.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
To be self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Time Management
Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Given the scope of the position it is preferred that the job holder has the following experience:
- Experience of working in a sales/marketing environment with specific technical knowledge of Contract Hire, although an applicant able to display a sound understanding of the financial services industry would be considered.
- Ideally worked within motor related financial services or as a minimum worked within and environment where B-2-C and B-2-B activity took place.
- Worked in an environment where multiple stakeholder management exists with exposure to third party clients i.e. the dealer network.
- Is able to produce professional and robust reporting/presentations.
- High level of PC skills including PowerPoint and Excel. Good numeracy skills are essential.
- Has an appreciation of regulatory and compliance issues affecting the role.
In addition to the above it is expected that the candidate is able to display excellent interpersonal skills, is comfortable and confident when dealing with senior management, sales personnel and is able to work effectively in pressurised situations when they arise.
- Has the appropriate level of tertiary education or professional related qualifications
- The position may require domestic travel from time to time, including occasional overnight travel
- The job holder would benefit from possessing a full UK driving licence
- Salary range of £32,700 – 36,700, basic plus a quarterly performance-based bonus
- Eligibility for Employee Car Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 27 days holiday, plus public/ bank holidays