- Type: Full Time
- Location: Home Based
- Posted: one month ago
Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance, Kia Finance and Genesis Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both retailers and consumers.
The focus of the role is to establish, maintain and ensure the HCUK disposal activity and processes are in line with our vehicle remarketing strategy. The role will incorporate the management of the direct selling and post sales remarketing operations. The individual is key to promoting the added value of one of the most innovative franchise dealer focused remarketing systems. The role reports into the Head of Remarketing.
1. General Strategic
Under the guidance of the Head of Remarketing, assist in developing HCUK’s vehicle remarketing strategy, with specific focus on ensuring maximum sale prices are achieved and that effective processes and controls are implemented. In particular:
Based on the documented and agreed strategic objectives, develop quarterly activity plans, outlining timings and high-level deliverables for remarketing our current fleet.
Manage the day-to-day delivery of agreed activity in line with prescribed budgets, through ongoing review and monitoring of remarketing activities and costs.
Assume day-to-day responsibility for developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with selected Remarketing outsourced suppliers. Establish appropriate oversight of their processes and service levels with the aim of ensuring a market competitive offering is in place. Establish a sound working relationship and knowledge share with HCUK’s Sales team to drive remarketing objectives.
Establish a sound working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, to help optimise HCUK’s business offering and performance. Ensure appropriate communication channels exist across all business functions and partners.
Work in conjunction with HCUK’s Risk function to ensure business performance is optimised, and HCUK reputational risk protected through the alignment of competitive residual values v market trends.
7.Insight & Continuous Improvement
Through utilising appropriate insight (industry, business, customer and technological etc.), drive continual improvement and help to differentiate HCUK’s overall offering to generate added value to the organisation’s customers, OEM partners and Dealers.
Adhere to HCUK policies and processes with regards to personal conduct and ensure that services are provided in a compliant manner and are aligned to the organisation’s overall values and a wider culture of Treating Customers Fairly.
9.Governance & Regulation
Ensure all activity is carried out in line with HCUK’s governance framework and in line regulatory business principles including the delivery of good customer outcomes.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Given the scope of this position it is essential that the job holder has the following knowledge and experience:
Has worked within motor related financial services/vehicle remarketing in a previous capacity and has a full working knowledge of fleet vehicle remarketing.
- Strong experience within the automotive industry with knowledge of remarketing channels is important, demonstrating the drive to achieve challenging targets and continuous improvement within the department
- Experience of automotive process management, incorporating use of digital management systems
- Displays sound commercial acumen, with experience of being able to quickly understand the drivers of profitability in a business
- Has worked in an organisation where multiple stakeholder management (both internal and external) was common or where exposure to an international as well as domestic business operation existed
- Is able to produce sound working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations
- Has an appreciation of legal, regulatory and compliance issues and is familiar with the principles encapsulated within the FCA’s ‘treating customer fairly’ code of conduct
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the general market sector, have excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with senior-level management.
- The position will require domestic travel from time to time
- The role will be home based. Occasional visits to the Hyundai Capital UK head office will be required. The head office is based in Reigate, Surrey
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Eligible for annual bonus, up to 15%.
- 27 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, and option to take part in flexible holiday scheme
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from HCUK, depending on your own contribution and based on your service
- Eligible for a voluntary benefits allowance of £500 per annum payable as cash or otherwise used as a benefit available on the benefit suite
- Benefits supporting you and the family, such as death in service benefit, income protection
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for family, dental insurance, health care cash plan and health assessments
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible working opportunities