- Type: Full Time
- Location: Reigate, Surrey
- Posted: 26 days ago
Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK (SCUK) and Hyundai Capital Services (HCS) Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance and Kia Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Dealers and customers.
Act as Chief Risk Officer (CRO) for HCUK. Reporting to the Managing Director as a member of the Senior Management Team, with additional reporting lines into the SCUK CRO and HCS CRO.
Responsible for the identification, monitoring, management and reporting of key businesses risks, including conduct and operational risk. Primary responsibility for all credit related risk, including customer, asset and residual values as well as dealer wholesale risk. Manage and develop HCUK’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme.
The CRO will set, recommend to the Board and monitor the Risk Charter and Risk Appetite Statement, along with related risk policies, procedures and controls.
This role is considered a Senior Manager Function (SMF) under the FCA Senior Manager and Certification Regime (SMCR).
1. General strategic
Responsible for the identification, management and control of HCUK’s conduct, operational, credit and asset risk and other business wide risks as agreed.
2. Senior Manager Function
The Senior Manager Function allocated to this role is SMF4.
3. Planning and budgetary control
4. Technical knowledge
5. Stakeholder engagement
6. People management and development
7. Communication and reporting
8. Insight and continuous improvement
9. Risk and compliance
Must be capable of developing and delivering coherent and effective high-level (strategic) plans, as well as project plans and detailed learning and development plans.
Effectively deliver agreed plans and budgets with the ability to re-assess and re-plan to meet objectives.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels and maintain an effective role at Board level.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners, both internally and externally.
- Time Management
Must display sound time management skills by delivering activities within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Given the scope of this position within an FCA regulated environment, the SMF status, combined with the related responsibilities, it is essential that the job holder has the following experience:
- Significant demonstrable and evidenced risk, credit and QA management experience within regulated financial services, preferably automotive related, together with the required soft skills
- Demonstrable competence in the broader areas of financial services operations including:
- Risk appetite and policy setting and control
- Financial controls and underwriting
- Sales processes and channels
- Risk modelling and data analytics
- Conduct and operational risk management and delivery
- An appreciation and experience of wider business risk management
- Has an evidenced understanding of relevant credit risk policies, controls and modelling techniques, processes, measures, related MI/reporting and associated technical knowledge.
- Has an evidenced knowledge of policies and procedures within financial services regulated and compliant environments.
- Is able to produce effective working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations.
- Has an evidenced experience and competence in legal, regulatory and compliance issues relating to the provision of consumer and corporate credit products. Can demonstrate a high level of understanding of the principles encapsulated within ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ and operational/conduct risk.
- Significant experience of the use of risk modelling/stress-testing and the use of data to analyse and forecast customer and asset-based risks.
- Is able to demonstrate experience of managing and developing a high performance team within a TCF, credit and asset risk related environment.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the general market sector, can exhibit sound business acumen, have excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with internal and external Board-level management.
- Appropriate level of education and a recognised credit risk management qualification as identified in the SMCR framework.
- The position may require international as well as domestic travel from time to time.
- HCUK employees are currently hybrid working [mixture of home/ office]. HCUK’s head office is in Reigate, Surrey.
- Competitive salary package, in line with experience.
- Eligibility for annual bonus, based on company and individual performance.
- Company car / car allowance.
- 30 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, and option to take part in flexible holiday scheme.
- Company pension scheme with generous employer contributions.
- Company sponsored individual private medical healthcare insurance.
- Benefits supporting you and the family, such as private medical insurance, death in service benefit, income protection.
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for family, dental insurance, health care cash plan and health assessments.
- Employee car scheme (through salary deductions).
- Employee assistance programme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- Flexible working opportunities.