Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance and Kia Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting to the Risk Manager and based at the HCUK head office in Reigate, Surrey, the key purpose of the role is to analyse, model, monitor, report on and develop the organisation’s residual value, provisioning, retail and corporate credit risk data and activities. With a particular focus on maintaining and improving the retail product and portfolio residual value and consumer credit risk profiles.
1. General strategic
Analyse, model, monitor, report on and develop HCUK’s retail and corporate credit risk data and profiles with a particular focus on the residual value (RV) portfolio and appropriate provisioning:
2. Planning and budgetary control
Contribute to the development of an annual business plan and budgets in line with HCUK’s overall objectives, including timings and high-level deliverables based on the strategic goals established for the role with line management and support the delivery of the plan in line with the prescribed timings.
3. Technical knowledge
Maintain up-to-date awareness of all relevant SAS risk, credit, compliance and regulatory requirements, and market performance and best practice. Work with the business and related partners to continually refine HCUK policies and processes. Act as a risk subject matter expert within the organisation.
4. Stakeholder engagement
Establish a sound working relationship with all areas of the business, including external key stakeholders, in particular Santander Consumer and related group companies, Hyundai Capital Services and related group companies, Kia Motors UK and Hyundai Motor UK.
5. Communication and Reporting
Establish and maintain effective communications with all related regulatory and compliance bodies, Santander Consumer and Hyundai Capital Services head office departments, our OEM partners and other key stakeholders.
Working under the guidance of line management, develop and produce and maintain a high quality MI reporting suite/dashboard.
6. Outsourced Oversight
Maintain effective oversight and monitoring of any outsourced or other HCUK department related activities, to ensure performance against KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are delivered and contractual obligations and charges are verified and audited.
7. Insight and continuous improvement
Establish an on-going review process to continually improve and refine the departments QA measures and performance and to ensure continued adherence to legislation, regulation and internal policy.
8. Risk and Compliance
In line with the company’s risk and compliance statement of responsibility and objectives, identify risks, incidents and breaches, in accordance with company policies and department procedures.
Deputise for other team members and represent the Risk Department as required. Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Must be capable of developing coherent role related operational plans as well as detailed project level plans.
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
- Time Management
Must display sound independent time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple operations, projects and on-going programmes.
Given the scope of this position it is essential that the job holder has the following experience:
- Sound and relevant risk analysis experience within financial services, preferably automotive/asset related, together with the required soft skills
- Ideally will be well versed in the broader areas of financial services operations including:
- Products and services
- Automotive market – RV data management
- Related data and reporting
- Has accreditation and a strong understanding of relevant SAS software and related modelling, together with data mining, MI/reporting and the related technical knowledge
- Has a general sound knowledge of policies and procedures within financial services regulated and compliant environments
- Strong all round PC software skills and is able to produce high quality, accurate working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals and requirements, briefs and presentations
- Preferably has an understanding of the retail consumer credit environment and the use of customer data. Is familiar with the principles encapsulated within ‘treating customers fairly’ and operational/conduct risk
- Ideally will have experience of the automotive sales market and related valuations
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the broader risk analyst role and our market sector, can exhibit sound business acumen, has excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with Senior/Board-level management.
- Has the appropriate level of education and SAS certification. Preferably qualified or part-qualified or studying towards a recognised credit risk management qualification
- The position may require international as well as domestic travel from time to time
- The job holder would benefit from possessing a full driving licence
- Expected salary range of £42,500 - £47,500, plus performance based quarterly bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Eligibility for employee car scheme
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank/ public holidays