1. What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you (“your information”):
- information that you submit online via our Site (including, but not limited to, your e-mail address, name, address or telephone number);
- any correspondence you send to us;
- details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things, traffic data and communication data); and
- details of any transactions you carry out or orders you place through the Site.
You’re not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of the Site. However, you may choose to do so by completing the forms on various pages of the Site. Only the information you provide on these pages will be used to process the relevant form.
We are aware that your Information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
2. How will we use your Personal Information?
We use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to improve and personalise our communication and services;
- to offer customised content and advertising to you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in the features of the Site, when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the Site and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We also collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the Site and sales and traffic patterns. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users: it just contains generalised information about the users of the Site.
We do not and will never sell, rent or lease your information to third parties and we only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
We may use ‘cookies’ to collect the information referred to and track your use of the Site. Cookies are small data files which gather information about your use of the Site and help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email, SMS, telephone or post with information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
If you are a new customer, we may contact you by email, SMS, telephone or post only if you consent.
We may also pass your information to other organisations (if you consent) who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services by email, SMS, telephone or post.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes during the order process when we collect your information. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
5. Where do we transfer your information?
Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
6. With whom do we share your information?
We may share your information with other organisations:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets;
- with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006;
- with business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you;
- for the purposes of credit card clearance/credit reference/order fulfilment/delivery/data analysis/customer support/storage services; and
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers, etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share the non-personal aggregated statistics data about Visitors to the Site with third parties.
We may also pass your email address to selected third parties (as described in paragraph 4 above) provided that you have explicitly consented to this when we take your order.
We do not send any personal information that we collect about you on the Site to any social media sites that you link to your account, e.g. Facebook, nor do we share that information with such sites. We do not collect any personal information about you from those sites.
7. How do we keep your information secure?
All your information is stored on our secure servers. Any actions you perform on the site which are related to your account will be encrypted using SSL technology. If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of the Site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please also see our Terms and Conditions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites. Please also see our Terms and Conditions for further provisions relating to other websites.
8. Your rights
You can access and rectify certain parts of your personal information by logging into your account.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Site or through any communications that you have had with us. You have the right to access your information and should direct any request for your information to us at email@example.com. Please note that currently a fee of £10 may be payable to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You have the right to rectify your information by sending a written request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10. How to contact us
The Site is owned by Hyundai Capital UK Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales. The registered office address is at Floor 2 London Court, 39 London Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9AQ and our registered company number is 07945949.